May 20, 2022
I was watching one of my favorite You-Tubers, Sadia over at “Pick Up Limes” the other day and she made a vegan fudge that looked yummy, but I’d be allergic to (coconut). So, I made some modifications and tried it out. I was impressed with how good it was and so were the boys!
What I loved most about it was how easy and quick it was. It was only 3 ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep and 2 hours in the freezer, as opposed to the hours long supervised process of my grandmother’s recipe (I love Nanny’s fudge, but it takes a long time!) I love cooking and baking, so learning to adapt to doing that in a small RV kitchen has been challening. I love that I can actually make fudge in an RV!
Here’s my adapted recipe and process, but I will link her original vegan recipe below, in case you are interested!
EASY & QUICK FUDGE RECIPE
- 1 package Ghirardelli’s semi sweet chips
- 1 can Sweetened condensed milk (or can milk of choice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
Other items needed:
- Double boiler (a heat resistant bowl and a boiler pan it can sit on)
- Parchment paper (not wax, trust me, I learned the hard way)
- Storage container
This is best kept in the freezer, but is completely edible straight from there!
- fill boiler pot with about an inch of water and bring to a gentle simmer
- place bowl over top (be careful, it will get hot)
- add chips and stir gently to melt without scorching
- when completely melted, remove entire pot from heat
- stir in condensed milk
- stir in vanilla
- line a freezer safe container with parchment paper
- pour mixture in to container
- let sit in the freezer for at least 2 hours
- cut into squares
- stores in freezer for up to 2 months
I am looking forward to trying this out with white chocolate and peanut butter chips in the future, as well as making this again!
If you are interested in Sadia’s/Pick Up Limes’ vegan version, go check out out here Pick Up Limes: Vegan Chocolate Fudge
Like or comment below and share with others to support the blog. I post weekly on a variety of topics about travel, family, and education. Until next time, follow along or interact with me on Twitter @AddictedtoTeac1 or both of us on Facebook & Twitter: BarnesOnMove or on Tiktok: @sonya.BOMSquadleader. Support us and get more in depth and personal interactions at Patreon: Barnes On The Move
2 thoughts on “Easy Fudge Recipe – You Make in an RV – Only 3 Ingredients”
I seriously cannot believe this is only three ingredients, it was so delicious! I like that I can tuck the ingredients in the pantry, but unfortunately chocolate chips don’t last very long in my kitchen (thanks to Tom 🤪)
LikeLiked by 1 person
I totally get it! I have to hide mine behind canned veggies!